verifying DMI pool data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

areguzanda

Beta member
well this is my veryfirst computer that i have built. and to tell youthe truth im extremely mad.i got this error i have looked on every site and done everything from changing every dang IDE to changing hdds. and im still getting the same error. i have heard that it might be the CPU bt the mother boards detects a CPU so i dont think it could be that problem. i hope not anyway. but i have tried putting the ram in a different slot.i reset the cmos . i made sure all the IDE is set in the right sot everythgin has power and im strill getting the same dang thing . it just sitts idle after giving the" verifying dmi pool DATA " message . please help it would be much appreciated...

the reason you are having trouble is probably because this is not actually an error message. this statement appears on screen as the motherboard's BIOS finishes it's POST (Power On Self Test). generally if it stalls at this screen it means your pc has not detected any bootable drives. being that you are new to building computers i am going to guess that that is indeed the case. have you actually installed an operating system like windows? if no then you will need a windows disc (a legitimate one as we do not condone piracy) and you will need to set your pc to boot from cd (probably not necessary). turn the pc on and put the windows disc in before you get the "DMI Pool" message and at some point the message "Press any key to boot from cd" should appear. at that point.....well hit any key :D. that should bring up the windows installer and it is pretty straight forward from there on, unless you have a SATA hdd then it may be little trickier.

"unless you have a SATA hdd then it may be little trickier."

I just built a system with a SATA drive and it behaved just like an IDE drive except a little faster. I was thrilled.

Dan

thats actually kinda funnythanks for your help but i have tried that.. it didnt boot from my windows install disk even when i manually told the bios to boot from disk. it wont boot the windows disk. it would from mylinux disk but right after i was going to start installing it. it froze up with a bunch of script. im glad to hear that its not a problem with my CPU could it just be the disk or somthing else

Here's the order of things I would try (intermediate troubleshooter) --

-Try a known working boot disc (WinXP)
-Replace RAM with known working dimm
-Replace HDD with known working drive (preferrably with an OS loaded)

This is where having a spare PC or willing computer savvy friend comes in handy.
If all of those fail completely I would say it is your MB. I had a Soyo "back in the day" (about 3.5 years ago) that gave me similar trouble by simply freezing up somewhere b/t the POST and Windows setup. After trying different Windows discs, HDDs, and RAM, I concluded it was the MB. After replacing everything was A-OK.

Awesome... now you don't have to go through the pains of troubleshooting and replacing hardware.
Now surely a working copy of your OS of choice isn't that hard to come by :amazed: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom