Computer Power Cuts Off, power on light flashing!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
ok so im typing and bam the power just cuts off does what does this signify?
the power light will keep flashing after the power kills and then i can turn it back on cuz the power button and reset is not responding!
i have to switch off power supply then switch it back on, then press power?
i checked the motherboard for capicitors that are dead but everythings fine. i did just try to overclock my cpu but its only at 2.04ghz and i dont know what this could mean,
please help?,
Sean

Ok.....
Processor - AMD64 3200+ Winchester Core

CPU Cooling- GIGABYTE G-Power Blue LED Light CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail (120mm Fan)

RAM- Geil Value series ram(Heat Spreaders)

Motherboard - MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI

Power Supply- Aspire Turbo 520W

Video - EVGA 6600GT

I also have 2 80mm fans on side panel (Intake)
1 80mm fan on top (Exhaust)
1 120mm Rear (Exhaust)
And I have some artic silver but i didnt put it on my cpu cuz it got hard to spread! its all stiff and its not even old:p

But yea please help me i want to get this system up to 2.6 and could u answer my other question to plz, Is 2.04 in the bios the same as 2.4ghz for the processor speed?

i dont want stock:(
everyone else overclocked this processor!
ComeON:(
maybe its the board?
its been replaced from msi and they sent it with brocken sata connectors and a brocken floppy connector. it had physical damage. if u tell me its the motherboard ill get a new one this week!

thats the problem they sent me an rma like that and since it has PHYSICAL DAMGE
they will not replace it.
cant u get me able to overclock my system stable PLEASE!!
:(

if not ill just keep that DFI board coming in on thursday. but what if its the powersupply?
is there any record of a psu causing such problem?
i posted my specs above and i need to know so i can figure if i should keep the new motherboard or return it for a hardrive, but if its the psu then ill return the new board for a new psu and ill be fine but i have to know what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom