bit of help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugal_loop

Baseband Member
My computer dosent seem to have any obvios spyware of virus.

my computer wont let me update my anti spyware and virus programs.

it also dosent open pages if i leave the puter on for long periods of time .i have to restart the puter for it to work again

What type of Internet connection?

Are you using a router with that?

Are you using a software firewall?

When that happen, can you ping www.google.com or the IP address of google 64.233.161.99 ?

winep firewall

ive tried turning this off, no difference

what would be the reason to ping google?

Which programs are being blocked, its important to know that malicous software is writen in an attempt to keep it from the attention of the user, normally targetting popular programs.

Since your problem seems undetermined, start with mantainence, clean your HD, run a defrage, run a scandisk, update windows, clear your system restore points(you can turn off the option under Computer propeties, then turn it on again to create a new one), run a virus scan, run a virus scan in safe mode, run an adware scan in safe mode,.

There are some guides to extensive removal of malicious software here, the more information you can provide in reguards to the problem your computer is having the better.

Pinging could be a good indication that you still have some connectivity at the lower layer. Sometime your web browser might just be acting up and not doing it's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom