Quad or Dual Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i am actually its so bad i have some stupid machine thing at school that i type on and it fixes everything like when i put words backwards but if i add extra letters i have to fix that myself

I don't see how being dyslexic prevents you from pressing the period button every time you complete a though/sentance.

General he was just trying to help and u bashed him... not very helpful or professional... so back to the post we go...

Yeah, lets get back to the post ... :)

First, dual or quad cores are great for multitasking multiple single thread applications. You can easily burn DVDs or run the virus checker and play a game at the same time. Windows currently supports dual core but that doesnÂ’t mean that you canÂ’t get quad cores to work.
For multi-thread applications (and they are slowly coming out), you won't be limited to only dual cores but as many cores or physical CPUs you have. The application should be made to handle it.
Not all applications will be made alike nor will they have the same CPU requirements.
Whether dual or quad is better will depend on how you currently use your computer and also how the future will dictate our use.
If you can afford one then why not, but I wouldn't delay any purchase in anticipation otherwise you will never buy anything always waiting for the next new thing.

Amd gt player said:
and i dotn see how being an asshoel and arguing with some one over there onw learning disabilitie helps with some one choice on cpu

I don't see how posting incoherent rambling is helpful either.

LordASM said:
Yeah, lets get back to the post ... :)

OK

LordASM said:

First, dual or quad cores are great for multitasking multiple single thread applications.

And multiple multithreaded applications.

LordASM said:
Windows currently supports dual core but that doesnÂ’t mean that you canÂ’t get quad cores to work.

XP Pro supports 32 cores. Linux supports however many cores you want.

LordASM said:
For multi-thread applications (and they are slowly coming out), you won't be limited to only dual cores but as many cores or physical CPUs you have.

Multithreaded apps have been out since the 70's when multi-processor systems first came out.

yuo knwo its been provoen taht pepole cna raed wehn lettres are ptu out of ordre as lnog as the fisrt lettre is corrcet. Jsut dotn thnik abuot it so hrad.

Theres actually a really long letter wrote entirely like that (but better) and you really can read it like its nothing. Some university did a study on proper spelling and found it isn't entirely required.

Back on Topic: Oblivion is a great game that shows dual cores power. Theres a tweek that lets you force the game to take advantage of the dual cores and people have gained 10fps.

^ lol, yeah I've seen it that letter, but it's way different than a paragraph-sized run-on sentence with no puntuation at all, and misspelled words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom