computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well I tried to get a 15 gig HDD to format on my computer to use in an old comptue. But it wouldnt get past the blakc and white screen where it veries some of your hardware. So I said screw it and just unplugged it and plugged my 200gig back in alone again.

O and the 15gig was setup as a slave so it wasnt that. But now It still wont get past that black and white screen. It says "verifiying pool data and stays there."

I really need help. my dad will kill me if I did something to the computer. Any suggestions as to whats wrong? I also tried taking the battery out and reseting it, and resetting the ram.

Nothing has worked. :(

bump?? come on I need to know, I am going ot re-install windows first. Do a repair install?

DO you think I just corrupted some stuff??

Are you sure you reset you cmos? Try removing all the parts you dont need like cd drive, floppy etc and try again. What are your specs? Best include the hard drive that started the problems aswell.

well I am doing a clean install of windows right now as I type. I have a maxtor diamond max 200gig ide drive. a athlon 3500 venice, 1gb ram.

I think I just corrupted a file and have to start from scratch. Which kinda needed to be done in the first place.

Well its worth noting that the diamondmax series has had some firmware problems in the past with some chipsets. With mine whenver I would reboot my system it would hang while loading into windows. Worked fine when I actually turned it off and on again. Then I update firmware and it worked. Oh well hope whatever your doing works ;)

well what I am doing isnt working. cause when windows does it little install tihng after partitioning and formating the HD. it restarts and hangs up at the same thing again.

WTF?? do I need to just buy a new HD or not cause this POS maxtor is really pi$$ing me off

wow, if it has the same problem after a format and fresh install..... it just might be the harddrive.

do you have another hd you can stick in there and play around with to see if you get the same error?

not really, my board has some red firewireish looking ports on it that say sata1, sata2, sata3. Now can I get a sata 3.0gb/s hd for it? I want to get lieka WD caviear 3.0gb/s 16mb cache HD.

Now I need it before the end of the week. SO I need to order soon.

umm Im guessing if you have the plugs on your mobo it should support it. Did you try setting the drive type manualy in cmos? If its none of these things its most likely your hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom