Where to find LED's, and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Ok, I'm looking for a bundle of maybe 50 - 100 Ultra Blue LED's. I don't really know LED specs, I just want really bright blue LED's.

I also need a correct resister for whatever LED somebody links me too, cause I don't know anything about LED's.

Lastly, if I wire like say 20 LED's in a group, do I need a resister for every LED or can I just use one resister on the 12+ line before it gets to the LED's?

Thanks.

u only need 1 resistor. also do ur circuit in parallel instead of series. and be sure to tape the prongs coming from the LEDs so they wont touch each other and short circuit.

krazieaznboi said:
u only need 1 resistor. also do ur circuit in parallel instead of series. and be sure to tape the prongs coming from the LEDs so they wont touch each other and short circuit.

Nah, tape is for cheap-o's. :)

I'm using heatshrink.

Thanks.

Nah, 12v is a big no-no for lots of LEDs. Click image in sig for LEDs. As for the resistor's, if you go with one resistor per led, it would be 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, or 1 4.7ohm 2 watt resistor for 20 (hooked up to 5v of coarse). If you need anymore help on wiring them or what not, PM me or hit me up on aim cauz Im always glad to help.

xenium said:
Nah, 12v is a big no-no for lots of LEDs. Click image in sig for LEDs. As for the resistor's, if you go with one resistor per led, it would be 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, or 1 4.7ohm 2 watt resistor for 20 (hooked up to 5v of coarse). If you need anymore help on wiring them or what not, PM me or hit me up on aim cauz Im always glad to help.

Holy sh*t those are cheap! under 4$ for 20 LED's...yes! :D

haha yea well my buddy orderes 10k+ in various colors for pretty cheap so yea lol. Oh and each LED comes with a free 100ohm resistor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom