i have $5000 to spend on a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextroix

Solid State Member
I have $5000 to spend on a computer and i wanted to know your thoughts on what i should buy.

I use my computer for gaming so i need good graphics etc.

A nice big display. Like a 30incher =) Really thats alot of money to spend on a computer. But nevertheless Id go for a 7950GX2 if your a big gamer.

I'd say thats probably too much. You can build an awesome computer for $2-3k. And use the remaining to buy other stuff.

cpu: e6600 or higher
mobo: some fancy asus core2duo mobo
ram: 2gbs of corsair pc2 6400 w/ tight timings.. (or even mushkin.. i believe they have even tigher timings..)
gpu: i'd get 2 x1950xtx's in crossfire. you would get more performance from two 7950gx2's in quad sli, but with the 1950's you get nicer lookin picture, and the ability to run HDR and other eye candy stuff AT THE SAME TIME. and with 2 of those, you'd be hard pressed to find a game that WON'T allow you to do that.
HDDs: 2 raptors in raid 0, two 320gbs or w/e for storage..
PSU: either the ocz 700watt gamextreme, or a pc power and cooling 1k watt or something..
case: something big!
monitor: something BIG.. and cleeeaarrrr!!! 22inch minimum.

what i miss? i could go through and show you the actual parts... but....

i wouldnt get 2 x1950's from what ive seen and read theyre arent **** copared to the 7850's all it seems to be is a x1900xtx with gddr4, while the nvidia is prettymuch 2 512 cards in one, get one now and when quad sli is less buggy get another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom