Quad or Dual Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's stupid about this is , dual cores practically just came out. If you "wait for x, or wait for b" youll never buy a computer.

fact is technology is growing fast.

wiouxev said:
what's stupid about this is , dual cores practically just came out. If you "wait for x, or wait for b" youll never buy a computer.

fact is technology is growing fast.

My problem exactly.

I heard that intel is only going to make one quad core for a while and it will cost $1000 or more.

So if thats the case I would say only buy a quad core if you were planning to spend a grand on your cpu. If you were only planning on spending $500 then keep that budget and upgrade later if needed.

Myself I'm hopeing they make a allendale quad core for around $350 so I can get one of those and just overclock it.

lhuser said:
Well, if you take the theory to the point with dual/quad cores, here's how it works:

Two CPUs the same speed colllided in one is faster than the single core.

Now, take four exact same CPUs, slap 'em together and you should have four doing the job. 4 gets job done faster than 2...so quad core is faster ;)

they dont worck like that they are 2 seperate cpus u cant have them doing the same thing unles u run it twice at teh same time i know my 4000+ is faster then my budies oced to fx 60 speeds 4200+x2 but thats only in games he was considering droping back to his 4000+ but then he sold it to me because eh designs websites and stuf fand needs the duel core and im shure if u have a good sound card and a phisx accelerator u wont need duel core for gamming as most games that have duel core ptch just have oen core worckign phisx

Amd gt player said:
they dont worck like that they are 2 seperate cpus u cant have them doing the same thing unles u run it twice at teh same time i know my 4000+ is faster then my budies oced to fx 60 speeds 4200+x2 but thats only in games he was considering droping back to his 4000+ but then he sold it to me because eh designs websites and stuf fand needs the duel core and im shure if u have a good sound card and a phisx accelerator u wont need duel core for gamming as most games that have duel core ptch just have oen core worckign phisx

Man....I have no idea wtf you just wrote.

Amd gt player said:

Please wait..................DONE
Punctuation check............FAILED
Spell check..................FAILED
Grammar check................FAILED

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Amd gt player
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man....I have no idea wtf you just wrote.

[Translation]

Most games don't take advantage of dual core so a faster single core could be faster.
Instead of going dual core get a phsix card.
His single core 4000+ is faster than his friends overclocked x2 4200+ in games.

[/Translation]

I disagree.

dario03 said:
[Translation]

Most games don't take advantage of dual core so a faster single core could be faster.
Instead of going dual core get a phsix card.
His single core 4000+ is faster than his friends overclocked x2 4200+ in games.

[/Translation]

I disagree.

u got it right

but u left out the part where he said when u combine the 2 cores of a x2 cpu they can worck together as one but 2 cores canot worck on one thread is what i meant to say so u could not have both cores worckign a game unles one is phix and the other is ai

and for everyone else stop making fun of my spelling i have an iep for it and im dislecsick or however u spell it

No you aren't, just slow down, it's not like you're gunna die of a heartattack if you can't make a post in 2 seconds.

That and you are wrong, its not just AI and physics that go into a game, theres a LOT more than that. And games have been using SMP since Quake 3 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom