Computer Restarts Before POST completes - Memory Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I just installed a Gigabyte GA-8IG1000MK in a computer with an Intel processor (not sure what the specs are on it) and 512mb Spectek RAM. I went to start up the computer and I get one beep then the screen where it shows the disk drives installed. At first it would just give me the message "Memory runs at single channel and shut down." I changed memory and still the same message. Disconnected all uneeded components and now it gets to the detecting IDE, goes through that and then shuts down. Right now I am reseting the CMOS.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

After searching on Google some more I saw some things about reseating the processor. I took of the heat sink and took the processor out and reinstalled it. Now the CPU fan comes on for about 1 second. Thats all.

I forgot to mention before that after it shut down, if I tried to start it again it would do the same thing its doing now all of the time. Fan for about 1 second.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Nathan

First unplug everything you dont need until you fix this. Have you tried your old proc? Removing the new ram?

I've tried unplugging everything and switching the memory. The processor worked before I got the new MOBO. The problem was the MOBO that is why I am replacing it. Although now nothing seems to work.

Did you ground youself with a static strap when you did these hardware changes? STatic electricity can fry components while your installing them.

Also, you can't just swap a mobo out and expect it to work without the drivers. Did you try booting up with the recovery disk?

DOA MB

try all the parts on another working computer. It could be that another component is damaged too.
ie. when my MB died on my old machine i got a new mobo and pc started fine. couple days later random shutdowns or pc would crash. solution: tried another cpu and pc worked fine.. actually its still running ^^

only few thing i am thinking ...
1. may be your PSU not powerful enough or defective...
2. have you plug in all power source (the 20Pin and 4Pin)
3. have you plug in your memory into the right slot which is slot 1 or slot 3
if all that been confirm ... i will say it is DOA too ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom