Putting together a new computer - need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
So I sold my old computer for $800 (the one in my sig) and Im piecing together a new computer. So far, Ive got this:
  • OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 667MHz Pro Series 2GB (2X1024MB)
  • Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
I need a videocard next. Im looking for the most performance in the $300-400 range. I see a "Asus EN7900GT TOP/2DHT nVidia GeForce 7900 GT(520 MHz) 256MB GDDR3(1.44GHz) Dual DVI-I S-Video & Composite with HDTV Support PCI Express Graphics Card" for $379. That decent? Also, will I notice a difference between 667MHz and 800MHz DDR2? I noticed that going up to 800MHz was over $100 more, and unless there's a jaw-dropping performance upgrade, I dont see the need. So far, the total on all that stuff is $785.98.

Got everything but a videocard. Here goes:
  • Thermaltake Xaser Tsunami VA3000BNA
  • 2x Western Digital Caviar 320GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
  • Thermaltake Silent PurePower 600W
  • LG GSA-H10N

Id go with a modular psu personaly, saves alot of cable management issue, unless of course your good at it then knock yourself out.

Thats a really cool looking card. Just thought Id add that. :p

I dont see why it wouldnt fit. Probably would take up alot of room but thats about it..

Deathawk said:
It was sort of a joke, but it is very large.

I thought it was but then I saw the sad face and thought you were serious... please..forgive my ignorance :eek:

I shop at Canada computers often, pretty nice store.

Good to know. Ive never been there, I just found out about them through my uncle. Normally I shop at www.wintroniccomputers.com but Canada Computers seems to have slightly better prices, and when you're strapped for cash, so to speak, that makes all the difference. Ive decided to go with the "Asus EN7600GT/2DHT nVidia GeForce 7600GT(560MHz) 256MB GDDR3(1.4GHz) 128-Bit DVI-I HDTV-Out PCI Express Graphics Card" not realizing how much this computer is going to cost me. I was figuring around 1300-1400, total comes to around 1800 with tax. Is that a decent card? (Keep in mind my current videocard is a 6200 so I should notice *some improvement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom