Hard drive error (different)

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiago

Solid State Member
Hello,

I am having problems with my harddrive. Somtimes it reads that i have 200MB's free and then i check again and it has only 468KB's free. And those two numbers are only examples...they are varied and its not always the same.

Thanks!

how big is the drive?

try running a check disk and repairing any bad sectors.
also defrag the drive if it is that full and clean it up you should never have that little memory available. run ccleaner to get rid of some junk and then clean it up a bit.

jcortes said:
how big is the drive?

try running a check disk and repairing any bad sectors.
also defrag the drive if it is that full and clean it up you should never have that little memory available. run ccleaner to get rid of some junk and then clean it up a bit.

It's an 80GB hdd. I don't have room to run diskdefrag. Its not my pc or I would have never let it get this full. I can't really tell how full it is since it doesn't seem to be giving a accurate reading. Its not really the issue of space...rather just that it is fluttering around and won't stay at a given ammount.

I'm running windows 2000.

try running a check disk to repair any bad sectors also boot to safe mode and see if you can get an accurate reading.

Is it possible you have got a store-and-forward trojan where it stores a bunch of spam on your pc for a little while then sends it off again so it looks like YOU are the spammer? Disconnect from the net and see what it says about free space. If it is steady, I would think you have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom