My Newest Build - Check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Cosmos

Baseband Member
My budget was under $1000, so this is what I came up with. I actually purchased all these parts for a build I'm doing for a class I'm taking on hardware. The only bad things so far is that I won't get to take the computer home for 6 weeks. :(
Tell me what you think :cool:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

BIOSTAR TForce4U Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

ASUS EN7600GS SILENT/HTD/512M Geforce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

A-DATA Vitesta 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400Dual Channel Kit

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

ASUS Silent Square 92mm CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

COOLER MASTER Ammo 533 RC-533-SWN1 Black/Silver Aluminum+Plastic front bezel; SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower

Thermaltake W0101RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 550W Power Supply

SONY CD Burner Black IDE

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black

LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner W/ 5X DVD-RAM

SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive

Looks pretty good, ever consider a modular psu? I hope your not bringing this thing to school for 6 weeks, unless its a safe school then nvm :p

i woukd drop one gig of ram and teh cd burner as u have a dvd burner and get a 7900gt with teh extra cash from that and ul be fine ul see a greater performence increase with a 7900gt over 2 gigs of ram

I went with 2gb of ram because this isn't just a gaming computer. I will be doing a lot of photo and video editing as well. I burn a lot of DVDs from time to time so I got the 2 DVD-RW drives. I just burned 80 DVDs on my office computer and it took forever (one drive).

I actually am pretty nervous about leaving all the components at school, but I'm told everything is safe since it is in a locked lab.

I will most likely upgrade somewhere down the road. I figured I would pump as much out of this "school expense" as I could and tweak it later. Hopefully I can sell the 7600GS for something else later, but considering that all I have for a computer right now is my IBM thinkpad T40, this thing should be great.

You could get away with a 3800+ X2 (dual core), that would save ya some cash without much of a noticable performance hit.

LU4sTrooper said:
You could get away with a 3800+ X2 (dual core), that would save ya some cash without much of a noticable performance hit.

Thats what I was going to do at first, but it was only $30 more for the 4200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom