First Build Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

308tr6

Solid State Member
HI,
Totally new to this site, building my first pc, installed motherboard this weekend which is an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless. I have a Silverstone Media PC Case. So probably really dumb...but while hooking up the various front panel leads, I have everything but a speaker connection (little 4 wire lead). Does this motherboard have a speaker built in, or do I have to go buy a little case speaker (just for warning beeps). The board manual has no mention of the case speaker other than just a section where it says hook it up as if the case supplies one - it does not. Seems a very silly omission - or am I missing something - duh? Thanks

I would assume its built in Somewhere. Newer Motherboard are doing that now. If its not built in it may be included in the small package of screws en such that came with the motherboard. For Example A system I Built recently Included the speaker separtly attached to the Motherboard by 4 Pins and No extra wire length. So it just hung close to the Board.

Give us a Link to the Board.

Thank you...that was quick! I did look everywhere for a little case speaker wire plug, etc, just nothing there..looking through both the case hardware and motherboard stuff. It seems it would be an easy motherboard add-on, but the mobo manual does say to hook up the lead to the speaker - implying it is not just intrinsic to the motherboard. I guess I can go buy one from my local electronics shop and hook it up.

By the way, not real forum savvy here - hope my link works to the motherboard info ???

www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1163&l1=3&l2=101&l3=300

Hrmm Cant really find it on the picture, But It should be there somewhere. I wouldn't worry about it unless it Doesn't POST Successfully. You could always call their tech support and ask.
But Like I said, I Wouldn't Worry about it.

Look around really close on the motherboard, if you see a plastic cylinder at most a 1/4" in diameter and a 1/2" tall, with a small hole in the top, that is the speaker. If the motherboard doesn't have one built in, then you just haven't looked hard enough for the header. :)

OK, appreciate the comments, I will check it out tonite.

Have to say I am impressed with this forum!

Thanks again!!!

It should look something like this, but there are variations and it could look totally different.

Only on rare occasions do motherboards have the PC speaker built-in. But all motherboards do have one built-in, or a header to plug one in.

710131_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom