processor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinfun2

Baseband Member
does the processor play a big role in video games? i have a celeron and changing to an AMD athlon 64 2.4ghz newcatle.will this give me a noticeable difference in games from a celeron? here are my computer specs:

1 gb ram
celeron cpu 2.66ghz
visiontek x1300 radeon 256mb
sound blaster audigy se

if theirs anything better for games within the same price range, plz gimme a link to it. thx.

Yes it will give a noticeable difference, but processors don't play the big role in games. It's the graphics card mostly.

hmm, it depends

1: u cannot install Athlon over Celeron, (assuming as you havent mentioned changing motherboards, so you might be thinking to replace celeron with Athlon)

2: YES, the processor does play a major role in Graphic performance, as if your VGA is built in, most of the work is done by processor, even your VGA has seperate GPU, still CPU does have to work, but not that intensive as it would have done on On-board VGA.

so changing Into Athlon from Celeron will bring noticible graphics difference in speed (may not in graphics quality). what do u think SSE, SSE2 on CPU are for?

Re: go 4

Well, Athlons hare way faster than Celerons, that's a hands down.
For gaming, yes, the CPU is major role in it. GPU will process graphics FPS, but the CPU constantly creates and generates the moves you do, so, the graphics to be displayed can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom