Computer lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
Well, My computer has a good video card, 1gig ram, amd athlon 64x 3200+. and its really slow. For example, when I open a song on windows media player, while it's playing a song, I open a program like MSN messenger, and the sound glitches and is very slow until msn opens up. My sister has a computer which is slower than mine, but is very smooth. can you help me out? and tell me whats the problem?

i've had problems similar to that, the computer would hang (a long time) when i tried to open someething, i just reformatted and reinstalled windows

lol, me neither, but i'm having the same issues on a slightly more capable system... http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=123331

I just re-downloaded the installation files for all the programs I have, made text files for serials and burned it all onto a CD so that when I reformat, I just gotta go through and install them all. Not that big of a deal, minus all of the Windows updates I'll have to deal with.

Before I reformat I'm gonna copy My Documents to my new hard drive too. Don't forget to backup your Windows settings if you don't feel like messing around with them again.

Hey, it's a little bit of work, but it'll be worth it to have the PC running like new again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom