he wants a tradeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I'm selling my FX-57 on a site similar to ebay, except it's localized and you're supposed to meet in person.
I was asking 260$ for my FX-57, and he offered a trade. He wanted to give me this case: http://www.thermaltake.com/xasercase/armor/va8000bws/va8000bws.htm
and a 680w PSU plus 75$ for my processor. On the surface it looks like a good deal (he was selling the case+PSU for 200$, so i guess im getting 275$ instead of 260$ for it) but I wanted some of you guys' opinions. What do you think of this deal?

it depends weather you need/want a new case & PSU. too bad you didnt decide to sell it when they still went for $1000, they're going for $400 on newegg.

yea lol!! i bought mine when they went for 1000$!!!!!111 (not really, i bought for ~700$) but still!! i feel like i lost. alot.

well i decided on selling the fx-57 for the case + 100$, but when we got there it was running wayyyyy hot in his and regular in mine. his got up to like 95c!!!!!!!!!111 it was because his mobo (some ASUS thing) put it up to like 1.6volts and even when we modified the settings to 1.4v, it still put it at 1.6. ASUS sucks, i think. i heard of something like this happening to my friends comp. idk. ill stick with DFI. long story short, i have my fx57 still and about 6 years tacked off of its lifespan.

if it was overheating it wasnt because of the case, that is a very nice case for airflow, and asus is one if nto the best motherboards around.

no, it was overheating in HIS case. he wanted the FX-57. nonetheless, he had a good case and airflow and everything, but his ASUS mobo wouldn't let us change the voltage from 1.6volts to 1.4volts. i mean, it would say in the manual override part that it was on 1.4 but when we saved and restarted it went back to 1.6. then he started to tell me all this **** about how it was probably a proprietary FX-57 and about how it damaged his mobo and how it was OUR fault. my dad made me give back the money and case and i was like BS!! he should atleast pay me the 100$ for screwing with this processor i have to take back now and have no chance of selling!

ya what a ***** he probably did it on purpose and ********ed ya so he could get his money back ive never herd of a mobo aplying 1.6volts standard unles he messed with his bios and changed teh default settings for over clocking cause my asus only goes up to 1.55 volts for safety reasons so he ******** ya 100% there sorry bout that tho u shoulda put a dent in teh case

yea that was some major ******** there. if only my dad didn't want to be all soft about it. i dont think he understands the extent of damage that 95c puts on a CPU, AMD nonetheless!!!!!!!!! i mean i didnt even know that the chip was capable of 95c, i thought it would bust into flames or somthing. i would be suprised if it lasted another 2 months, because that ***** was picking it up without static protection, even though i went through all the trouble of bringing anti static equipment. i was handling it carefully throughout the whole thing and then at the end when he took it out of his computer he just picked it up with no static equipment and im like, look dude, when you picked that up just now you ****ed all the trouble ive been through using static equipment up the ***. i didnt really say that, but i said something along those lines. who knows how long it will last now? i cant sell it now and have a clear conscience when im done knowing i sold someone a shitty processor. im pretty much broke without my fx-57. i was depending on that to give me some money so i can buy my dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom