XP 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I have a new hard drive comming and I have a legal copy of XP Pro x64 sitting in my desk. Have the drivers matured enough to where x64 would be a decent option? Or should I just keep using my tried and true XP Pro.

Law said:
Why don't you just dual boot....

I see no point in dual boots personally, unless you need a version of Linux for some reason on the same PC as Windows.

Anybody have experience with XP64?

I'm using X64. I've gotten the only drivers that I've needed. I got my driver for my integrated 5.1 sound and for my nVIDIA video card. The Windows default network driver worked, so I didn't try installing another one.

I've only had a couple of programs not work for me so far. Alcohol 120% and Tuneup Utilities.

OpticalIllusion said:
I'm using X64. I've gotten the only drivers that I've needed. I got my driver for my integrated 5.1 sound and for my nVIDIA video card. The Windows default network driver worked, so I didn't try installing another one.

I've only had a couple of programs not work for me so far. Alcohol 120% and Tuneup Utilities.

So were you able to get flash to work? I've heard some reports that it does, but some that it doesn't either.

I use to run a dual boot system. I only used the 64bit part for video editing (there was a difference of speed too) as a lot of stuff ddn't work with it

beedubaya said:
So were you able to get flash to work? I've heard some reports that it does, but some that it doesn't either.
Flash works just fine with Firefox, if that's what you're talking about.

I was using the 64 bit Firefox for awhile, but I switched back to 32 bit for some reason. I don't think my bookmarks.html worked for it or something. That's not a big deal, just use 32 bit Firefox and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom