Burning smell.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a sticker on it, but it's definitely not burning, i never remove anything from parts, unless spefcifically stated to do so anywhere, and they're just on the underside of the card, that being facing up to the roof.

Well, I've got the Ritmo PSU in atm, no more burning smell in my room, so it seems it's the Antec. From what i remember it was kinda warmish/hot, but the smell was potent went you smelt the fan, though i never really noticed the back fan rotating, and i know it's thermally controlled, but **** something in there was bruning it should be spinning at that stage!! Maybe faulty fan, but yeah now I just need to find the receipt of bank statement to prove purchase...

if it was warmish/hot. its either ur stressing the psu or the psu is buggy. the psu should blow cool air at idle, and cold/warm air at full load. the psu should neva blow warm/hot. if that happens its a sign ur stressing it.

Well in using my generic PSU, the air right now is not really warm, cold/warm, and it shows no sign of burning smell, not to mention it's the same rig, and this is a Ritmo 500W PSU.....while my Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W is getting stressed, it holds a lot of ampage on it's rails compared to the generic one in atm!!!

its probably a faulty antec psu. just use ur generic for now and send ur smartpower for repair. also, generic psu arent so bad. i been using generic psu for 7yrs on different 5 computers and nothing went wrong. they r still working.

yeah sometimes generic things go a long way.......just dissapointing that "quality" buys are letting me down!

Also not to mention ,this PSU was faulty too, weird faulty! When i use the DVD drive to play a game my computer would restart, hence i bought the antec, though that was with my 9600XT as i said before, maybe with the new GPU being directly connected it might work? Who knows, but for now I can do work and play WoW! haha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom