XP Reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

trocker767

Solid State Member
I am doing a reinstall because of a previous problem:

Other Problem

and I started to install XP with my Windows XP with SP2 CD and everything was going fine until it got to the "Installing Devices" section and it would just hang at app. 70%. Not it's not frozen because the little squares in the bottom right corner are still flashing. But i've left it for over 3 hours and nothing happens.

ya that means it is frozen. just because the little squares are flashing doesnt mean its not stuck on a file or something. check the disk for scratches and also try swapping the cd drive and see if that is the problem.

Well i tried the disc that i slipstreamed with Sp2 and it hangs at the same point. And when i reboot it just boots up into the windows setup and if i try to "F8" it to get into the Os Choices menu all it has is XP and it goes into setup again. So is there anyways that i can bypass the setup to get back into XP so i can restart the install process, or am i basically screwed?

switch your cd rom drive. also wipe your hdd with powermax (my signature) to clear up any bootsector issues. last run memtest to test your ram

If that still doesn't work, try using a HDD of like 2GB or something that can install XP and see if it works. If that still hangs, the problem is caused by the PC. So, we might need to give your system specs...like motherboard, video card, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom