When booting up my laptop...I just started receiving the following error:
A runtime error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line 1
Error: Invalid character
YES NO
I've selected YES...and it still occurrs
I've selected NO...and it still occurrs

About 1 month ago...i upgraded my memory to 512MB...so it shouldnt have anything to do with that. It had been running fine until 2 days ago.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Can I see a screen shot.

Also, does this error occur after you login? Does it have any affect on your computer..like does it crash a certain application..is certain thing not working?

Thanks for your reply Law...
Yes...it occurs after login. In fact it occurs almost after everything starts up (bottom right taskbar - processes).
No...it does not have any affect on my computer...I just select NO...and nothing happens. Although...if i select YES...the CPU usage jumps to 100% (task manager) for a substantial amount of time. In fact i had to restart it because it stayed at 100% (everything froze)...and ended up having to shut it down HARD. Runs fine when I select NO.
All applications seem to run normal.

I attached a screenshot of the ERROR.

Thx again!!

Attachments

• runtime error.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14
go to internet options, advanced, and put a check mark in disable script debugging..then run ccleaner, reboot and see what happens

Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) has always been 'checked'...but Disable script debugging (Other) is not.
And i run ccleaner frequently...
I assume this is not a serious ERROR!?!?
In other words...just turning the notification off (disable) would be fine? Just concerned something more might be happening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom