monitor wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielle

Solid State Member
Im not to good with the architecture of a computer, I only took 1 class in it. So can someone help me?

When I turn on my computer the monitor comes on for a second and then turn right off, I tried hooking up a monitor I know works..same thing happens. I got a new video card...same thing. What else could it be?

no, i was installing the software for verizon dsl and my dad bumped it. the lady talking started slurring and slowed down and turned off.

i had the same problem, i took it to a shop, and all they did was udpate a driver and charge me 130$ >< but you might just need to update the drivers.

i will try allof that, but how do i update drivers if i cant gt the monitor to come on?

Are you using a video card? and if you are what kind? AGP, PCI, PCI E? Or is the video integrated.
Do the following, reseat the ram, the video card (if you have one) power drain the computer, go into safemode , see if it works.

If not most likey the video card or the ram is overheating. Try leaving the computer in BIOS screen for a while if no video signal there or dies out after a while, you got a hardware issue,. if it works in BIOS, then you got a driver or software issue. thanks

you got a new video card
there's a chance that the new video card is stressing the PSU too much

or there's a chance that you got an AGP 4X or 8X card, and you only have an AGP 2X slot

reset your cmos. differs from mobo to mobo. but basically you have to move a jumper up a slot and pull out the battery on the motherboard for 30 sec.... put it back in, and switch the jumpers back to the original position and it should work again. if not, you got a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom