Router Time Limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My mom ran out of space for the two spare socket A computers we have. She wanted to keep them upstairs in the same room so my brothers didn't get on the computers at night when they weren't supposed to. She just gave up and said she'd put their own computer in their own room... but we all know they'll stay up entirely too late playing games and such.

Is there a way to schedule limits on the router? Like at 10 pm, their computers will promptly lose connection and not regain it until 8 am the next morning?

You could use a christmas tree light timer to kill the juice to the router at whatever time you want.

There are plenty of timer plugs around where they turn on at a set time and go off at the other set time. These will do the trick.

Yeah, that may be better than a router configuration. Cause they'd probably just suck it up and tinker around on the computer even though it's internet-less.

Would that be safe for the computer to just automatically loser power like that, every night, 5 days a week?

Use the Automatic Schedule thing in Control Panel to shut down. Then put a p/w on it and turn it back on for them.

Nah, I run torrents ALL night long. So I just need THEIR computers to be inactive to the internet while the family computer and my computer retain access.

I'll look into the automatic program thing. Would I need to create a new username? And make an admin account on both computers? That's the only way I can see them being restricted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom