Vista RC1 on Toshiba Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetloser

Beta member
I'm trying to install Windows Vista RC1 (32-bit version) on a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4064. Everything goes great until it actually starts installing and about half way through the screen goes blank and never returns. I left it over night and in the morning the screen was still blank. Then when I restart the computer it rolls back the installation. I have tried installing this with 2 separate burns of the Vista download. Any suggestions? Or is this Satellite just not compatible?

PS: I've tried doing both the upgrade and the full install. Neither work.

Specs:
Intel Core Solo T1350 CPU, 512MB DDR2 PC4200, Graphics Media Accelerator 950, Built-in Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. Can't think of anything else that is relevant, just ask if there is. Thanks for the help!

Forgot to mention one thing, the laptop does display the "Designed for Windows XP/Windows Vista Capable" logo. Please help! Thank you!

Okay first things first. How did you burn the images? Did you burn them at full speed? If so i would gather that is your problem. It is recommended that you burn the images at about 6x or so. Yes it takes longer but it also allows for the best burn possible.

So far it sounds like a corrupted burn to me.

Actually I thought of that already. The first one I burned at 4x, the second one I burned at 2.4x. I installed Vista fine on my desktop using this same DVD, so I don't think the image burn is the problem.

I've been reading around a lot and it seems that almost all Toshiba laptops with the GMA950 graphics are doing this. If that's the problem has anyone figured it out yet?

Corrupted driver.

That would be what is happening. When it tries to find the drivers it gets stuck since the driver support is junk.

Sadly there is nothing that can be done as of right now. Gonna have to wait for a new Vista build to be released to get it installed on the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom