Vista Beta....Beautiful but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Just installed beta version of Vista on a second boutable drive on one of my Studio puters. Exquisite graphics and seamless install of all mobo and nvidia card drivers. All and all it is a giant step forward. But it is going to be a monster money eater as Norton 2006 is incompatable and much of my audio hardware will need specific manufacturer dirver updates and I get the feeling that I'll be forced to buy a whole new multimedia audio rig that will cost be big bucks. So I'll wait to upgrade for a least 6 months to a year until after Vista's Jan. 2007 release and hope I won't have to upgrade all my hardware! Vista ran flawlessly on a 7300 gs and AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 939 with 1 gig of Corsair XMS DDR 400. My gamer computer had so many software issuses with Vista I decided not to install. Mostly because my systems current RAID drivers are totally incompatable. Your opions?:confused:

if you're old enough...just remember how it used to be...Basically MS bit off more than it can chew...in a good bad sort of way, let me give you an example and I'll use me.

I'm a hard worker...yada yada. I started at a new company and could not stand that they were so backward, not using computers to the fullest. So I started doing digital document keeping, on the down low, knowing that eventhough it was better for me, it took more work, and the less tech savy wouldn't realize this, so in a bind I was.

But eventually it came out and everyone thought it was a miracle, demanding more work from me in less and less time...a holes. :D

Needless to say, MS is in the same boat. They are basically now viewed as being responsible for other people's drivers. IF we ALL knew who really is responsible it would be a lot easier on MS and they could move forward quicker while, we, the consumers, force the hardware manufacturers to come up with the drivers they are supposed to come up with.

Spoilt kids...why in my day we had to walk 10 miles in the rain and snow...up hill even!!! yada yada ;p <--- joking, but actually only 2-3 miles :D

Don't worry first time I installed it I restarted and BAM blue screen :). A cold boot worked :confused:

I thought it looks nice, can't run dual monitors :mad: It just looks like a cooler windows xp though. With some more annoying features :eek:

Thanks RicoDirenzo, for the link, I have ordered rather than downloading :). will test run in on 2 diff machines before making a final decision. btw, anyone knows about upgrades? as I have geniune Windows XP (both Home and Pro) in my machines, as if I can upgrade it rather than throwing out my Windows as I spent ££ on them.

Heh, it would work fine, and as soon as 3D kicks in...when ytou least expect it....high pitch sound with lock up...

I downloaded the 32 bit and 64 bit versions last night

You try installing the 32 bit Vista? You might not have so many driver issues...but it kind of defeats the point of migrating to Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom