Burning Dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Alright I'm not sure if this is totally breaking the rules or just kind of bending them, so I'm not sure if this is going to get deleted or not.

Now I downloaded a few movies and I want to put them onto DVD and watch them in my DVD and PS2. Is there anything special I have to do to get them to work on the players?

Now I have made copies of movies I have purchased so I could have a spare copy, but I have never did this. Oh these are for my own personal use and not to make tons of copies and sell them.

Like I said I'm not sure if this is totally against the rules or just a tad, but mods if you would like me to delete this, please just PM me and I will do so right away.

you should not have to do anything special to get it to play in a dvd player, just encode it using dvd burning software suck as nero. PS2 might not accept burned dvd's.

nitestick said:
ok, for your sake i will assume you are talking about your uncles non-copyrighted family movies ;).

you can use software such as WinAvi to convert most video files (especially AVIs) to DVD. i have used WinAvi and it is pretty user friendly.

edit: forget what i said before. i'll just keep an eye on the thread

THank you :) If this starts getting out of hand please delete it

If you're making copies of DVD's that you own for personal use (I'm not sure what the laws are in your country) but I'm pretty sure it's legal. I would recommend a tiny program you can download off the net called DVD43 to get rid of the copyright protection of the movie, then use a program like Nero,DVDXCOPY, or 123 Click Copy. Depending on your DVD player user either -r or +r media. (Newer players play both).

Hope this helps.

PS2 won't play burned DVDs (at least none I've ever tried in the past 5 years :p ). It's pretty simple with NERO to get one burned. Most you download are in a burnable format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom