computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ok so ive put everything together, and my computer wont boot. WHen i turn the PSU on i get a red light on the front, but nothing else will power up. When i turn the PSU off it makes a high pitched squeek before it goes off. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? And it's an antec smartpower 500w with modular cabeling.

Ok it really is starting to looks like a power supply problem, you could smell ozone if you left it on, so we aren't going to power it one again until i get soe advice. One thing i do wanna know though, is that i have the thing on the back set to 115(for north america) is that correct? i can't figure out how to change that.

Yeah i conected the 12v connecor. We think that it might definately be the PSU now, thats where the ozone smell is coming from. If anything were connected wrong would it make that smell or cause a little bit f smoke?

Ok i may be in a little over my head here. I might take it to a local computer shop tomorrow to see if he has any suggestions. Was really hoping my first build would go over smoothly, but somethings wrong. Im still looking for suggestions.
oh and yesterday i tried running it with just the case fans hooked up, and it didn't run those.

I called the coputer guy, and he said that ti sounds like a power spply problem. Im open to any sigestions though before i go spend money to get it fixed if it's something i can do by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom