going all out...but mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost77

Beta member
Hey I'm looking to get a new laptop, but in a way I'm going all out.
Price is not an issue....:cool: I looked into desktop replacements, but they are a tad bulky and not quite mobile in the sense of carrying it around. Like 17" screen might be too big to be carrying around, 15" is alright since thats what I have now. I'd have to say it probably will have to be Vista compatable since in the near future that'll be the new OS. Battery life is a big one, decent time would be great, mine now is about 3 with wifi off, then half of that with it on and I'm fine with that.

Some I've been looking at are:
Alienware m5550
Voodoo envy i534
Falcon Northwest Fragbook TL-2
Sony Vaio VGN-FS8900

any other reccomendations? experiences with them?

look at the LG with the massive widescreen and the hd dvd drive, its out in korea or whatever should be here soon or now maybe, its very big and wide but thin, ill look for a link

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/13/lgs-xnote-s1-p555k-laptop-with-hd-dvd-player/

thats what i woudl get :)
there might be different versions of it, those spec are al little old if money is no object lol

if your going blu ray i would strongly suggest you wait, the drives dont do good in first stages, your not gonna want to have to replace it

the only thing is...i need it to be managably portable... due to the fact that i am a student...so i'm not quite sure if 19" or even 17" will be managable....since it had to fit in some sort of backpack. so i was leaning towards a 15"

For now...I don't have anything that uses Blu-ray....so I really have no use for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom