PLease help with Memory Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus as well gives auto settings, make aure you are on correct settings, as fiddeling with memory in manual, will result in stability loss on Asus boards.

Well I installed the memory and system booted up. I set the correct timings, which is, 4-5-4-15 and Vcore 2.1.

However now I am running the Memtest86 and there are errors. So far the test has ran for 35 min and there are 4 errors. Not sure if this is bad memory or just incompetible with the mobo.

Is it normal to receive memory errors? Not sure if there is going to a log with errors, if there are I'll post them.

Reset CMOS, look in manual (done by moving jumper to 2&3 on my Abit AW9D-MAX). Then let the BIOS figure out what settings it'll set on the ram, and if its at 667, then select DDR2-800 in the BIOS, but don't mess with timings. My board slowed my DDR2-800 G.skills down to 667, but there was an option to select DDR2-800, which I selected, and its back at 800... I tried messing with the timings but ran into same situation as you did. So I cleared CMOS, and put it back at 800, but left the timing alone.

So, even on the memory package and OSZ web-site the printed settings are 4-5-4-15 and vcore 2.1v, I should not mess with it and leave evrything on auto except the setting on the ram which is DDR2-800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom