Selected my parts, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like it will be awesome, good choice with the monitor, I have a dell e196fp, they're awesome.

Corsair is good too, I use 2gb of Corsaid XMS now, (twinX), and its really sound, great memory!

Charlie -

Yes, and most s939 mobos only support DDR400, but if you put DDR500 in there, it will run just fine. But then you start overclocking, and the RAM doesn't get overclocked until you reach a 250FSB.

You can still get DDR800, even if the mobo supports DDR667. The RAM just won't run full speed until you overclock the CPU.

ok, thx

and back to one other question:
are lite-on SATA combo drives generally bad? i found one that gets 5/5 star reviews(only 3 people though...), or should i stick with an LG IDE combo drive?

well, the thing is the x1900xtx has a 15% better 3dmark than the 7900. It is the best graphics on the market. Also sli sucks. Compaed to crossfire is just blows.

well, i did look into SLI more, and it does not seem to improve performance much... what does everyone else think about SLI?

and if i was getting SLI, do you have to use 2 of the same card? cause i was thinking of using the 7800gt as master and my current 6600gt as slave.

bump....

btw, i found out the answer to one of my questions about using 2 of the same card. u do have to apparently(thats what they said in a pc magazine i was reading)

but im still wondering if SLI is worth it? cause i can get a motherboard that has other better features than the best SLI mobo that i can find. if im not going with SLI, i might as well get a better mobo. so, what do u guys think about SLI?

if im not getting SLI, i was thinking about getting this card: GIGABYTE GV-3D1-7950-RH Geforce 7950GX2 1GB (512MB x2) 512-bit (256-bit x2) GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Dual GPU Video Card what do u think?

inst 7900gt cheaper then 7800gtx and same perfomance. and sli and crossfire both suck. they want u to pay 200% of the price for 120%-150% of performance **** that.

Why not conroe they kicking amd butt right now. and AM2 arent futureproff no socket from either company is.

get a antec truepower 550.
and yes i will also recommend the core 2 duo e6600.
if you can afford it go for 2 7900gt's in sli.
and maybe try for 2gb's of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom