Problem with DVD-rom writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalie

Beta member
The problem is that I just got my motherboard, CPU, and hard drive changed because there was some problems with it. So now I've try to burn songs, the speed normally would be about 48x - 56x but now it's only about 4x or something like that....I'm not sure cuz it would usually take 3 minutes to burn but now it's like 20 minutes..so it's really slow...I would like to know what the problem is. Is it because the new hard drive? does it need to install some kind of program for it to connect with the DVD writer? :(

ok.. I just download the latest ones but it increase the speed by a little, but didn't go back to normal..
sylwek, um..on my computer it said "DVD+RW/CD-RW double layer 8x DVD+R/RW drive" and "DVD-ROM drive 16x max speed" I'm not sure if that's where I'm suppose to look at.

oh also, at first before I change the mother board and everything, I used to use the program Sonic Record Now that came with the computer, but the program got erased so now I'm using the Nero program, I'm not sure if it might be the program or not :(

Shouldn't be a software problem (unless you have an outdated version. Do you have the latest one?). I use Nero and it runs as fast as the disks allow (for me, 16x DVD and 48x CD).

2 things...

First, check the media you are using (blank disc's)... Check the write speeds on the disc's... I would imagine they would be 48x or higher unless they are very old...

Secondly, when you are going through the process of creating the project, just after you get all of the files you want on the disc, what burn speeds does it give you in the little drop down menu??

Finally, do you have the disc that came with the computer, so that you can try to reinstall the original burning software that you had?

Snake-Eyes, yes I think I have the latest version

Ethereal_Dragon, the writing speed on the blank disc that I use is 54x for CD and for the DVD disc it's 16x

The burn speed that it gives me in the drop down menu for CD is 10x-24x (it was usually 48x before I change everything)

I try looking but there's no disc that comes with the computer, there is one disc but it has other programs on it instead

Try this

Right click my computer go to properties

click the hardware tab and then click device manager. find the dvd drive right click it and choose uninstall. then reboot.

hopefully XP will put everything back to the way it should be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom