I have an annoying download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

orenp

Beta member
Every time I try to download content from the internet not inclouding web pages, the files will end up corrupted I cant watch youtube videos they always get stuck in the middle although they still look like their gettilng loaded-I cant see the rest of them.every rar archive I download is corrupted unless I use a p2p program to download.To sum it up I can download good content only from p2p and every time ill try to download from rapidshare or other sites the files will be corrupted.I am using a raurter at my house and I am not the admin(the admin is my dad and I dont really want to touch it unless he'll see the problem and YOU could help me) one more thing my home wireless network is set to not be with wep but my computer senses it has wep encryption although I can still log into my wireless network.I will very much appreciate help thank you~oren~

Moving this to the Windows forum. Sounds like either a OS side problem, or a connection problem to me.

Hello,

Does this happen no matter what website you download files from?

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options...

Could be a virus/spyware/malware. Have you done any system scans?

first os all thanks for the replyies I hope itll work second I will scan my computer I'm using mcafee if anyone could give me advice for some other scanners maybe I'll be more than happy and I'll take my chance and move it to the os forum

I would suggest Avast! or AVG. Both are free and both are better than McAfee.

As for spyware, Windows Defender Beta 2, Spybot search and destroy.

I would second Avast. While I'm not really a fan of the GUI in the free version, the program itself is great. There are a lot of scanning options and it usually gets updates every day or every other day.

thank u very much another thing I discovered is that i dont accept e-mails anymore only by logging in through mail2web.com thx again for the help and mat god bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom