Good Temp. Monitoring Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
Hey I just set up my new computer and I've got a Temp/Fan Monitor coming in the mail.

I'm just wonding what's a good program for temperature (mostly i'd just use it for cpu and case) monitoring so that i can monitor my cpu and stuff before it gets here.

I'll also want to use the program as a guide to make sure i set up the add-on card right as it's only $20 w/ shipping.

thanks

BTW if it matters my sig has the computer i'd be using it with.

you can check the heat of your cpu by means of bios, find it there... i tried programs but they are inaccurate, but that goes only from my experience. video card temperature monitoring? the new nvidia drivers have their own temperature monitor... just go to nvidia control panel and then click temperature settings. i dunno about other video cards...

I use RivaTuner for my GPU temp monitoring... it charts the temp real time along a graph. very cool.

but if i use bios to look at temps then i can't get a temp for full load, only idle temps.

i need to know my full load temps.

thanks anyways though.

You can use Easytunes since you have the Gigabyte mobo.

A couple others you can use are Core Temp and Intel Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT). One thing to note with these programs, they read the temps from a Digital Thermal Sensor.

You will notice that temps read ~ 10-15c higher in Core Temp/TAT than they do in Easytunes.

Core Temp

TAT

MBM 5 seems to work perfectly with most Gigabyte cards, so definitely try it out. My CPU is at 35º right now.

MBM 5 doesn't support my mobo...:(

and thanks idiotec

EDIT:

i just used a dual prime 95 and core temp was giving me temps around 63C. It was also giving me and idle temp of around 56C (BIOS says 41C)

so i don't really know how much i trust the 63C but @ 2.6Ghz w/ 3.25 vcore i doubt that's right but at least it gives me an idea of what it should be instead of me not having a clue.

jordo_99 said:
MBM 5 doesn't support my mobo...:(

and thanks idiotec

EDIT:

i just used a dual prime 95 and core temp was giving me temps around 63C. It was also giving me and idle temp of around 56C (BIOS says 41C)

so i don't really know how much i trust the 63C but @ 2.6Ghz w/ 3.25 vcore i doubt that's right but at least it gives me an idea of what it should be instead of me not having a clue.
Those are great temps for 3.25 vcore! :p

Yeah, that program definitely seems to run high, but it does at least give you a benchmark. 63C dual prime load with Core Temp is definitely a decent temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom