*sigh* its a dell but it'l have to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sw_freak64 said:
haha! well lets stick to the topic of my "decent" dell...what can i do presently?

This is the topic dude, We are not trying to shoot you down. But well that is about the only way to solve your problem.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, Honestly... You can probably salvage the CPU. What is it a P4 2.8Ghz? Not too bad... Would give you something decent for gaming.
And you could use the HDD & any optical drives.

But, You'd need, "A new motherboard Socket 478 or 775", You'd need some ram... ideally 1GIG. Then You'd need a new case, because the new motherboard won't fit in the Dell case. And the dell motherboard won't fit in the new case either... Then you'd need a PSU, if the new case doesn't come with one. Oh and you'd have to pick up a OEM Copy of an operating system like XP home or Pro. Unless of course you were going with linux. You can't use the Dell OEM OS on another PC.

SO yeah, you're better off building a whole new PC.

You cant salvage a dell based CPU, its one of those monopoly things dell is faous for! lol..they use a diff. pin array and cannot be seated in a standard intel socket
/pwn

The card I posted (which now on NewEgg as well:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814129062) will make it a decent machine for low-end gaming.

The VisionTek VTKX1300256PCI requires a 250W PSU. The 2400 comes with either a 200W or a 250W, so you'd have to check which one it has. Since it is a 2.8, and the max they came with was a 3.06, you probably have a 250W in it.

yea i was looking at that card too but i play WoW and is ATI still ok for wow?...i didnt think it contained the appropriate pixel shaders and effects neccesary for most fantasy games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom