What Kinda Widescreen??

Status
Not open for further replies.
viewsonic was always a good brand. and as in features. i ment auto resizing, night mode, and all those other stuff.

ahaha yea. i dont like the design for viewsonic's too. but i do recommend them. LG has a nice design but im not sure it this brand exist in USA. i guess samsung is the better way to go.

yeah... LG is available in USA :D

But yeah, i am thinking of just getting the samsung i posted on the link

but, b4 i started this thread i had $200... now i have $120
because i have to buy some new headphones (my dog sat on em)

Hopefully i can save a little longer to get the samsung

d-sub is older and supposedly not as clear

DVI is still a D-SUB connector by definition. what you refer to is VGA which is the type of signal. in my opinion widescreen LCD's are a waste of money. personally i wouldn't pay so i can have a distorted desktop. the exception though is when you are talking about something like a 24" wide screen seeing as it is kind of hard to find a standard monitor that size :D

i think i you can get the money, you should go for the samsung 225bw. it just came out. its a 22" widescreen for pretty cheap and good quality. thats what im doin atleast =)

I just bought that Hanns-G (without the stupid built in speakers) a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!!! Not trying to suck their sack or anything but this monitor is great. I don't do much hardcore gaming but I have played Starwars battlefront 2 and Civ4 on it... and it looks good to me.

One thing you might want to consider though...
I bought this monitor at a local computer store after checking it out on New Egg for a while. I ended up paying about $20 more... but it turned out to be $20 dollars well spent. The first one I got had 1 stuck pixel just off the center of the screen. It wasn't terrible, but once I noticed it I couldn't help looking at it... all the time. That's where the extra $20 comes in. The store that I bought it from would let you exchange it if it was "faulty"...and they consider 1 stuck pixel faulty. They exchanged it for a new one and that is the one I have today... it's perfect. New Egg, on the other hand, usually warranties their monitors through the manufacturer of the LCD and not through New Egg... and most manufacturers (including Hanns-G and Samsung I believe) consider anything under like 5 stuck/dead pixels normal and won't exchange it. So if I would have ordered that Hanns-G with 1 stuck pixel through New Egg, I would have been "stuck".

As far as I know, any time you get an LCD you take a risk that it will have stuck/dead pixels so regardless of which one you choose, I would try to get it form a place that you can easily exchange/return it if there is even the smallest thing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom