problem with ATI Radeon 9600!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_olin

In Runtime
I've had my ATI Radeon 9600 256mb DDR since x-mas and I love it! But recently I've noticed that noise is being render in OpenGL and DX9 games! It looks as if it is being overly overclocked, but I'm not even overclocking it!

It hasnt been doing this at all before on my Shuttle board with the nForce crap(dont remember exact name).

I have recently reformated my drive, but I dont remember if it was rendering noise before or after the reformat.

I have all of the latest drivers, what can this possibly be?!?

Maybe the drivers are too new. I have systems that have to use older drivers, to maintain quality - something else must conflict with the new ones. Try rolling back your drivers to a version that worked for you before.

Thanks for the reply!

But I went as far back as 3.10 (the newest when I got the card) and tried everything inbetween, it is the same thing.

I have already contacted ATI and they were good about answering me, but they eventualy just led me to the FAQ to make me happy, but nothing even simalar to what my card is doing is up there, can my card be blowing up on me?!?

I was very fortunate to get this card and there is no possible way I could afford a new one!

i fins the heatsink and fan on my 9600xt 128mb crap, i added a pci exhaust fan directly underneath it to remove excess heat, this may help your card

Check your BIOS settings for the AGP card and if you need to press which ever button it is to load default settings. It sounds like you may have a fan going out. Is the noise comming from the video card itself? It sounds like a hardware issue but need a little more info.

There is no actual sound, I was refering to noise being rendered. I understand its easy to misinterperet over the internet :)

lol

Anyways, it renders as though the card is overclocked (artifacts type thingies) but it's not overclocked! When I play the new CoD mod Revolt it seems to render small white dots and sometimes larger white triangles really fast on the screen, the higher the framerate, the less noise. this also happends in DX9 and DX8 games

?!?!?

It doesn't effect gameplay, and performance is still the same, but its getting annoying!

I knew what you meant C_olin. If this keeps up you should contact your video card manufacturer and ask if they have any information on this. Also if your motherboard has a VIA chipset, install the latest VIA Hyperion Drivers, as they have an AGP controller bus driver.

I have a Shuttleboard AN35 nForce and the latest drivers, and it worked fine before.

but my card is actualy a VisionTek card, but of course its the same as a ATI... but ive had a hard time registering it :(

man... i really want to get to the bottom of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom