Sold to get new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Well.. looks like i sold off my compy for 1k.. nice lil price i managed to get out of it...

but sad thing is about 250-500 of it is going straight to the bank because of debts n such :-x

so i'm left to buying roughly 2 things from start... anyway, let me show you my configuration i got...

CPU: e6600 or 6400
GPU: Sapphire x1900xtx
Motherboard: Msi 975x Platinum (Crossfire Board)
Ram: 1GB OCZ Gold DDR2 800 (2 comes later on)
PSU: AeroCool ZERODBA 620W 38 Amp Modular PSU
Case: NZXT Zero
Soundcard: Creative Sounblaster X-fi
HSF: Scythe Ninja!! (Gonna OC like mad)

Thats pretty much everything important right there.. as for hdd WD 160gb 16mb cache.. and a lite on burner...

I only have 1 major concern with the motherboard.. and that is that there is only 2 pci slots.... and with the graphics card taking up on of them.. i will have no room for the physx card later on in the future.. well that is unless they make them for pci-e x1... otherwise im' crap out of luck... because obviously i want an x-fi in there

okay.. after reading reviews i come across another question.... is it really worth it to buy the e6600... i really wanna know, because i'm still debating e 6400 and e6600... i can't really decide.. so could people with experience with both.. please tell me super pi times and encoding and such.... i need to know from actual people and not benchmarks from a fixed site and what not...

either way.. i'm buying cpu and gpu first.. get the two most expensive out of the way.... so i'm just curious which i should get... for x1900xtx with e6600 is 725 with shipping and tax.. i'm really considerin e6600.. because i've settled for less before.. and was very disappointed (x2 3800)... and i don't want that to happen again

so indecisive.. cuz i'm getting my 1k tonite.. and more ideas pop in my head... if i get the e6400 then i could buy addition things and probably have my compy done sooner.... but.. ahh.... its rough thinking...

wow... dead forums today.. people usually hop on people asking about building rigs...

by budget for finished product is around 2200 dollars.. because i do plan on going crossfire

what do you mean the graphics card takes up a pci slot? gfx card is a pci-e x16, and if you get a x-fi you will still have room for your phsx card.

maybe phsyical spacing of the slots?

but, make sure to read up on whether the physics cards are even worth it....I thought they migth be but both nvidia and ati are adamant that their gpus can do these just as well...and in some reviews, they say it might be better to have it coming from the gpu or cpu instead of something else.

I believe toms hardware has an article on it

also, if you're buying now...wouldn't that bring you that much closer to dx10 gpus? Why not leave that for last? I myself am hoping they would make dx10 extension cards. No reason they can't...except for greed :p

ya, i am thinking of waiting for dx 10.. i may buy the e6400 now and just use a 7300gt for the moment...

and i don't want to go nvidia... i'm done with them.. ati has served me well.. and the xtx costs less than a gtx and performs better.. not only that, crossfire has shown superior performance over sli

well everything is pretty much being bought right now....

here is what i ordered... gpu is being saved for last!!

CPU: Conroe e6600
Motherboard: MSI 975x Platinum
Ram: OCZ DDR2 800 ... cas 5 timing though
80 gb western digital hdd : to start with
Case: Raidmax rx-9
And a sony dvd burner...

as for psu.. i have a 450 watt to hold me off...

and i will be buying a x1950xtx later on down the line now that they are for sale... i should have everything in monday or tuesday... i'm excited!

i'll be living off of a 7300gt for a while though...

so thats 890 dollars so far......

coming in about a month

x1900xtx... or x1950xtx
then the 620 watt psu along with it....

and later later... maybe 2 months.. comes the crossfire edition x1900xtx or x1950xtx

i scavanged some extra cash as well to shove into the account... i don't owe so much now.. it should all be clear when my check comes in on the 22nd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom