Question about 5.1 or 7.1 Speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Hey wassup everyone! I am thinking about buying a sound card and the klipsch 5.1 speakers, but how would I set them up for surround sound in my room?

I know I dont want wire stretching from one side of my room to the other?

So is it worth trying to do that or just leave all the speakers on my desk?

Would be nice if you guys gave me some advice or link some pictures of your setup! =]

Also whats the difference between these two?

Creative X-Fi Platinum
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102190

Creative X-fi Xtreme Music
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

FYI - 5.1 only works if you have 5.1 encoded audio...ie dvds and newer games. if you want 5 speakers to play an mp3...you need a splitter.

EDIT: 3 infact :p

hey...look what didnt make it into my signature! Logitech X-530...hehe

its worth spreading your rears to the back.. games feel more realistic... i stretched them across and i love it.. and the logitech z5500's come with incredibly long speaker wire

What about the sound cards? Are there any difference in quality or one just has more features?

i have mine hanging up side down from under my bed, which is lofted over my desk. It's freakin sweeet. But i dont use the 5.1 because music from only two speakers is crappy.

the soundcards are identical the add on dongle/bay is the only difference.
i use x-fi music which is basic.
and would pair with your speakers nicely
i had klipschs and they sound great for new games with positional audio and itunes / advanced speaker setup with creative software will give you surround sound but again on encoded media only. (you turn it up you will hear the rears a bit)
wire the speakers to the rear leave everything else on desk w volume knob.

=) you should enjoy

BennyV04988 said:
i have mine hanging up side down from under my bed, which is lofted over my desk. It's freakin sweeet. But i dont use the 5.1 because music from only two speakers is crappy.

I thought I was the only one in the world with a bed over their desk.
:D How many times have you smashed your head into it?

Sorry, back on topic:

Yeah I would put the rears in the back, maybe the center infront of you or maybe above you, and then put the other two spaced out infront of you on the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom