Ram question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubtop

Beta member
I bought new ram from tiger direct, but I don't know if it will work. I don't want to open it if I must return so please help me. Does DDR memory that is 400mhz work in a computer that recomends 333mhz?

I'm not sure what you mean by mobo, so I will give you more info. My system is a emachine T2682. I have 512 mb ddr ram installed at 333mhz speed for a 2.6 ghz celeron processer. I bought 1 g of ultra brand ddr memory that is is 400mhz speed that has the same pin configuration to fit in my computer. My question is will it downspeed to 333 mhz? I just installed a radeon x1300 video card, and am trying to update this out of date computer enough to play battlefield 2 on the lowest settings. I don't have experience in updating, so all this is new to me, and I don't have the $ to get a good gaming computer, so here I am.
Scrubtop

should work, but it might not...u shoulda gone newegg(they take openbox refunds if it dont work ^_^) but i had an old pc with a 66mhz fsb, and a chip of 133mhz ram, and it worked(kinda) but the bios only support 256mb ram, and that was a 512, so u should be good, except if the mobo dont support it.

Thanks for the info. I plugged it in, and it is working fine so far. I will check out new egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom