Which One is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm nitestick do you buy online or at a store? i was going to get an intel e6600 but i heard all bout its overheating problems? is this true? because i dont want to get a cpu that overheats on me.

Thanks

oh i bought my processor over the counter but i got on the dual core band wagon pretty early as well.....hence the exorbitant price tag. at the time $500 was the cheapest price in Perth, factoring in postage on online purchases.

the overheating is a myth as far as i know. the Conroe processors should be more energy efficient and run cooler than Athlon 64's as they are manufactured using a smaller die process and run at a lower voltage. you don't really need to know what that means other than Core 2 processors should be cooler.

for an Australian price check, StaticIce is an invaluable reference

hey thanks, i live in perth too. hmmm atm i cant see but do you have an intel core 2 duo or an amd :p? i want to know which one is best overall, seeing as the intel core duo 2 is @2.4ghz and priced at around $500, while intel pentium 4,'s @3.0ghz are around $150. also is intel core 2 duo better for gaming over AMD? because from the results ive seen the E6600 competes with AMD's top CPU's so yeah :).

Thanks,
Jeremy

at the moment the e6600 pretty much beats most of AMD's range. you do understand the so-called "GHz myth" right? that 3.0GHz processor is a very, very long way behind that 2.4ghz e6600 in every regard including performance. if you need the pc built i guess i could look into it for you, keeping in mind i can't quite warranty it but can fix my own screwups.

heres a list of retailers i've found useful in the past of you don't like online purchases:
PLE
Storm Computers
Trinix
NetPlus

hey thanks. id prefer to buy things over the counter. err yeah i get the ghz myth :p, i just never quite understood dual core n how 2.2ghz is better than 3.6ghz for example :p.

Err ill look into those computer stores u listed, thanks for tip. if you want you can help me out for my computer. basicly my setup i want would be 1-2gb ram, 450-550w power box, new good case, amd or intel cpu that can handle all the latest things, a good mobo for gaming which supports my cpu, umm and a good gfx card which aint to over priced, my current goal would be around $1500. maybe less if possible.

Thanks ill look into those stores you gave me.

Regards,
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom