Which One is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremytfdm

Baseband Member
Hey,

i was wondering which of these 3 cpu's are better?

C.P.U 1) AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core - 4200+ Socket AM2 - Full DDR2 Support - $296

C.P.U 2) Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400, 2.13Ghz - 2MB L2 - 1066Mhz - 65nm - LGA775 - "allendale core" - For Use with Intel 965 & Above - $365

C.P.U 3) Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600, 2.4GHz, 4MB L2 catch, 1066GHz FSB - $489

Ive heard great things about AMD CPU's and ive also used good intel CPU's but ive been hearing that the intel core 2 duo's have over heating problems etc. which one would be better for use with games, word, internet explorer and wmp etc? just casual use?

i was planning to get amd, but now im not sure because of the intel corre 2 duo. could you's help me in the right direction?

Regards,
Jeremy

Screw the first one.

If you plan on overclocking and would like to spend the money elsewhere/save the money and still have awesome performance get the second one*.

If you don't really care about the money/are not overclocking then go for the third/are overclocking but don't care about the money and want the best* go for the third.

Hope this helps

*Delete as appropriate :p

Hmmmm how do i check if the CPU is conroe or not? the e6600? i would be willing AM2 but not te 4400+ because the store i go to doesnt have it, only 4200+,4600+ and the 5000+.

So yeah all in all which one is best?

hmm well i live in australia so USD means nothing to me :p. err so if i buy an e6600 which is about $500 Aussie dollars, thats a good cpu right?

Remember aussie $ is alot different to USD so yeah.

Thanks

yeah it's a good processor for the price. i'll put it this way. when i bought my X2 3800+ it cost me $500au. that is a 2.0ghz AMD dual core. the Conroe e6600 beats an FX-60 (AMD 2.6ghz dual core, costing a heck of a lot more than $500au) and challenges the FX-62 (2.8ghz AMD dual core, costing even more :p). so it is quite good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom