Integrated video boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnStew

Beta member
Hi all! I have a socket AM 2 motherboard with GeForce 6150 integrated video. Does anybody know any settings to get maximum performance?

Guess you can always increase the physical memory dedicated to the integrated card - this through BIOS settings. Of course, it's less memory for the rest of the system.

Is he? Stories tell of poor unfortunate souls that run stuff on integrated graphics... The myth may be true!

Meithan said:
Guess you can always increase the physical memory dedicated to the integrated card - this through BIOS settings. Of course, it's less memory for the rest of the system.

Even if you have 3GB for the integrated video - it would still suck. It still uses CPU resources to do ANYTHING. To look at a photo, you're stealing CPU bandwidth. The integrated videochip just renders images, but the CPU has to tell it how.

Yes, yes, you are completely right, of course. He asked, I answered with the best of my knowledge given the circumstances. The decent thing to do is to buy a dedicated video card, any card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom