what language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C++ is the main language, vista is written in c++ as is xp, for all around programming however java is getting more and more popular but C++ is still the prefered language because it is much faster I suggest learning Visual Basic to start out with that will give you an idea of programming then go to java and then c++ isn't to much different.

C++ and Java are quite similar too...as I've become aquainted with Java recently.

But...for an easy language...I'd have to say PHP. It's interperted (vs compiled), though extremely powerful when combined with html and the MySQL database server--all free.

Another basic-like language, except a bit more friendly (you'll see why if/when you use it), is AutoIt. A fun thing to play with.

Object programming (C++, Java, PHP, etc.) ... there's no turning back, once you use it for a few projects. :)

Vormund said:
C++ and Java are quite similar too...as I've become aquainted with Java recently.

But...for an easy language...I'd have to say PHP. It's interperted (vs compiled), though extremely powerful when combined with html and the MySQL database server--all free.

Another basic-like language, except a bit more friendly (you'll see why if/when you use it), is AutoIt. A fun thing to play with.

Object programming (C++, Java, PHP, etc.) ... there's no turning back, once you use it for a few projects. :)

php isnt really a programming language i think he means physical GUI interface programs not web based applications. i too know php and sql ect. but thats not what hes asking for. he is talking about c++, java, vb ect.

So, C++ and Java can make just about anything, right? Visual Basic will just work with windows, right? what I mean by that is like if you tell it to open a text box, it will open a window, but you can't design your own things. like java can make games and C++ can make AN OPERATING SYSTEM!

Ja, Visual Basic machen nur in Windows. Deutsch gefaellt mir. :D

To make things easier for everyone, yes VB only runs in Windows. If you make it open a text box, it will open a text box, but only in Windows. If you ran it under Linux, it wouldn't run. Java can make games as well as a "browser" on your cell phone. Nextel phones use java. C++ can make an operation system, but it can also make a small text box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom