Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibChombo

In Runtime
I have a Asus A8N 32 Sli Deluxe mobo, and 2 GB ram, and I got it another GB of ram, so 3 GB total (3 sticks 1 GB each)... But one of the sticks isnt working... Channel 1 and 3 works fine and their leds light up all way etc, but channel 2 wont do anything but stay on 1st light and never move..

my comp says i have 2 GB, so its not picking up the 3rd, any idea why?

I took one of my brothers sticks (they all the same) cus someone told me some mobos dont work unless you have pairs, so I put all 4 in, and now they all light up etc.. but my comp still says I have 2 GB

some mobo, especialy 1s with 4 dimm slots wont work with 3 sticks of ram, but you should try swapping around the ram into differnet sockets first, that way you can prove where the ram is fooked or wether its the dimm slot on the mobo

I took another stick and placed it in, so all 4 slots are taken now, 4 GB total... They all have leds since they are all the same brand and model, and all of the leds are doing activity now... But the computer still tells me I have 2 GB ram instead of 4 GB... Why?

in ur bios does it say u have 4gb? or 2gb? or maybe theres an option in bios where u have to enable 4 sticks.

Okay, I don't know exacly where, but in your BIOS, there should be a way to disable Dual Channel. Once done, your third stick will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom