Think my computer has been hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

unconformed

Solid State Member
Think my computer has been hacked + various questions

Hi, My gf swears that she did not do it, but I have had a kitten pic on my desktop, and now the kitten has a hat on it. I have been broading over this all nigth whilst working, and I was wondering how I could find out if my pc had been attacked. I will question her further tommrow, but I have a feeling she did not do it. For example, can I go into the registry and see whn the pic was changed? Can I see if any of my ports are open, ore if anyone has uploaded from me withouth my knwlaoge. I use sould seek and torrents so I might be in danger. It is still funny if they did hack me and only put a hat on the cat.

Any advice would be great.

Also windows shuts its self down AUTOMATCIALLY for updates. wtf? Since when did it start doing this? It is this stupid wga thing I swear, Bill agtes is just getting his own back before he retires. Great man though\

Lastly, formated my drive a while ago, by mistake, and my last four/five years of graphic design work was sitting on it. I have not put any data on to the hard drive since. My friend reckons he can use a program to recover it, I have seen those programs but I am not sure weather to trust him. Any help is awsome.

see ya, and thanks.

get Spycatcher to check out for for any spyware
and to see if the history of wat was done on ur PC get this: SpyRecon.Platinum.v1.0
ya u can trust ur friend because there ar programs that can recover deleted stuff
for the updates issue go to Start>control panel>security centre>then click on the automatic update icon and turn it off or do wat ever (the default setting for updates is download and install once it installs it needs to reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom