Restrictions on use of Internet Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwillyf

Solid State Member
I am trying to access Internet Options in Tools on Internet Explorer on Windows XP. I am getting a message that the operation has been cancelled because of restrictions on this computer.
It is in fact my own stand alone home PC. I am sure that the problem is due to recent problems with spyware intrusion. I have gone through the WAREZ clean up routine and cleared things out, and I think somehow my computer settings have been modified.
Can anyone tell me how to put my Internet Explorer settings back to the default of Windows XP, so that I can access my internet options once more. I discovered the problem in trying to change my home page.
Many thanks

I had to help my friend with a similar problem. He had just bought a new computer from best buy. He couldn't access any other sites but yahoo.com and bestbuy.com I tried to change his internet options and it wouldn't let me without a password. Unfortunately he never got a password with his computer. I looked it up on the internet and found it was a little registry key I had to delete. I deleted it and everything was just fine. I will search for it again.

KpmWrestler,
The only icon in my ratings folder is ab(default) Type REG_SZ. I presume this is not Key, and should not be deleted? Thanks for your efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom