Lower HT Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
Hey, i read this in another post and when i looked at mine it was 1000 already.
HT Frequency:
So to overclock your CPU you raise the HTT frequency slowly in 1-5MHz increments and adjust the voltage accordingly. You also have to adjust your HT frequency. You calculate the HT frequency by multiplying the HT frequency by the HTT frequency. You want to keep it as close as possible to 1000. At stock, 5 X 200 = 1000. You usually have a little bit a leeway like 1100 but not much more.
it said it was a bit of leeway like 1100 but is there a way to lower this so i can overclock more. But still keep my htt up higher cause if i go with +100 leeway i will only get an additional .2ghz.

Just go to the next lowest setting. -100MHz won't cause that much of a difference.

yea i was reading this a while back as well. and didnt understand it. so can anyone explain more thorough?? i have 1000 mhz htt seting but i dont see any other adjustments other than 800, 400, 200 i think
il check later and edit.

That first quote is worded very poorly.

There are three things here:

HTT Frequency
LDT Multiplier
HTT Bus Speed

HTT Bus Speed is computed by multiplying the HTT Frequency and the LDT Multiplier.

A64 systems have a stock HTT Bus Speed of 1000 (or 2000, but that is irrelevant for this discussion).

So at stock, settings would be:

200x5=1000 (HTT Frequency x LDT Multi = HTT Bus Speed.

Now, on most boards, if the LDT multi is set at auto, it will auto lower itself as you raise the HTT Frequency. If you are unsure whether your board does this, it is probably better to set this manually in the BIOS.

The concept is still the same that you want to keep HTT Bus Speed at or below 1000 (you can go above some, but there is really no performance difference and you may have to raise LDT Voltage).

So, the rest is just math.

Before you begin to raise HTT Freq. above 200, LDT multi should be lowed to 4. This leaves HTT Bus speed less than 1000 up to a HTT Freq. of 250:

250x4=1000

So now, if you want to raise HTT Freq. above 250, LDT Multi should be lowered to 3. This setting is good for HTT Freq. up to 333:

333x3=~1000

Hopefully this makes more sense. It really just comes down to simple math.

nitestick said:
i think idiotec has summed this up pretty well. just to tie up the rest of things:

your processors clock frequency is based on the clock multiplier, multiplied by the HT Bus frequency (also sometimes incorrectly called FSB)

Yeah, basically people have confused the crap out of other people by calling it the FSB. But now everyone (most everyone) knows what we mean by FSB - we really mean the HT bus.

so im at 255 on the bus speed, and i should just change to 4 instead of 5. but i havent found that option in my bios. grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom