Boot Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
What can i say, what a great site i have come acroos here! i aint used any other forum since i have found this place! i have amanaged to fix my p.c and order myself a new gaming pc which should arive on friday, well as a bout 16 parts as i will be building it! (my first build hope it goes o.k) anyways my question is as follows,

I have reformatted my drive (Western digi 80gig) and installed xp prof from fresh on a 5gig partion of the same drive. (should have done it 10 - 20 gig me thinks but only read that after, mind that seems alot of space to me but hey!)

so everything runs sweet windows and new programs ect ect. My problem comes when i boot my p.c i get this erorr:
Disk Boot Failure, Insert System And Press Enter
If i do as it says it takes my to windows setup (which i dont want as my pc is fine) so i press restart and my pc boots into windows just fine. It will do this every time i boot my pc from "off".

My boot sequence is as follows (if you need it)
1.Floppy
2.Hard Drive
3.Primary Dvd Drive
4.SCSI/Onboard ATA Boot <------ dont know what this is???

why does it do this? any help would be great and i will thank you in advance!!!

Keep up the Amazing work, i love this place!!!!!!

Well If you don't have a floppy(I think), Or the disk thats in the floppy Drive isn't Bootable you would get this.

IMO I would always have the HD as first boot Device, so when and if you need to Boot off something you would just enter CMOS and change it.

So put the HD as first and see if it still does it.

ty for quick reply, i do have a floppy drive but no floppy inserted, i have put floppy 2nd a HD 1st but it still does same thing, its weird because i restart from this error message it wont do it and boot fine!??

I would Detach everything except for the Primary HD (HD with the OS and boot record on it) and then Try it, Shouldn't get an error.

Then if theres no error you can start connecting Devices one by one until you get the error again.

unplugged 2x dvd drives + floppy drive still getting same error, in pci i got sound card + graphics card nothing else, on ide cables only got my HD

just noticed, not sure if its normal or not but i got the floppy drive IDE and power completely unplugged from motherboard and my computer still shows a floppy drive?!! is this the problem maybe?? complete stab in the dark, i still got IDE dvd drives x 2 unplugged (power and Ide) Ide cable still plugged in on MOB, but still getting error when i boot from "off" :( : (

anyone got any ideas??

o.k so the only ide cable that is plugged into MOB is my HD and that is only device with power

hmmmmm, plugged everything back in but took floppy drive out of bros p.c and replaced it with myn and still gettting same problem?!!

any takers on helping me out??? plz!

Well, No, I got nothing, but that shouldn't happen, so maybe your MB is just Itarded, or theres some jumper incorrect or a misconfiguration somewhere.

At any rate I would read through the MB manual for any clues.

Try clearing CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom