Build On Its Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

continu

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

Well I've gone ahead and started my build... ^_^

So far I have sitting in my room: E6400, GIGA 965P-DS3, 2x1GIG OCZ Platinum, 300GB Seagate Barracuda 16MB SATAII 3.0G/S, 2GB flash drive, and 50 DVD+, 50 DVD- cd's (not worth mentioning but its sitting here)...

On order from newegg due in tomorrow 09/13/06 are: ARK 6099S Black Steal ATX Mid Tower 4x80MM fans w/side airduct, Sapphire Radeon X850Xt 256MB PCI-Express (hold me over till DX10 GPU's), ZALMAN CNPS9500 HSF, Samsung DVD+- burner, Artic Silver 5, and Antec TruepowerII 550W (PSU due in 09/15/06)

everything is already on order so I can't back out now...looking forward to building my computer tomorrow if indeed it comes in...I'll use the stock PSU till my antec arrives friday...should be ok.

I'll post pictures a long the way, as always you guys are the best in terms of helping others when they are in need. If I do get stuck, I'll be sure to post on this thread....I'll also be OCing this setup to 3.0GHZ...which I'll do my best to post with updated pictures...especially the BIOS flashing and OCing... Since it seems many of us with the DS3 are having a hard time reflashing it...or at least in the threads I read seem to be....

thanks for your inputs!!

Oh one side question, I was using my labtop to encode video, example convert AVI to DVD files .ISO etc... my labtop is Pentium 4 2.8, 512MB RAM, it would take me about 2 hours to encode with only PASS 1, if I try to encode with PASS 2 enable, it takes me a lot longer!!! I use AVI2DVD program right now....so the question is. with the new build I have going, will my encoding time be cut dramatically ??? especially since its 2 cores working on it with almot 4 times more RAM ???

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom