Tv Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF06 said:
Well I only have one pci slot available

USB's bandwidth is hypathedical. You don't actually get those speeds.

PCI is faster.

I have had experience with TV tuners of both kind. PCI > USB

I wouldn't care if USB had a bandwith of 2500Gb/s, and PCI had 3Kb/s, those numbers don't matter. PCI cards put out a better quality than USB cards.

Enough said.

I rather use my remaining slot for a sound card.

I have no choice for the tv tuner, cus of the stupid fan/ heatsink thing on my video card.

Unless I can use something for that small stubby looking slot.

Oh btw since I brutally hated having a 56K modem connection when I first started using computers...

well I took it out and cut it in half with a hax saw; used a bench grinder and turned it into a keychain lol.

thanks...i didnt find any cards when i searched though so I'm not sure.

inputs? I don't really have to consider that if im just going to watch it on the computer, right? lolo

thanks alot...i think i'll be getting this.

curse you heatsink/fan thingyabob on my graphicboard XD.

now this leaves me a slot for a sound card woot woot

well i own a happauge usb tuner, and it's pretty good. There is no instillation, the only problem is the picture is not that great. Umm i have never used an internal tv tuner, but to me i wouldn't want to get one because of instillation, and you can't just move it. What are you going to be doing with the tuner anyway? If you just wanna be able to catch your favorite shows then the usb is good, but if you want something with more quality than go with pci. Oh and someone mentioned that there is no encoding or something with USB, thats true, i don't have to do anything with my files after i record, they are easy to watch once i stop recording. Oh and if you plan to play console game son your computer with the tuner(i use mine to record halo footage, and at first tried to play on the computer) there is about a half second of lag between images that would be on your TV and thourgh the usb tuner, i don't know if this is true for the pci tuner.

its not worth playing console games through USB or PCI since it has to go through the mobo and the video card... if you're interested in that, just get a viewsonic video processor and go directly to the monitor.

I'm just going watch television on this computer; I don't really necessarily want to record anything.

And games are meant to be played on a well endowed television instead of a computer monitor, but I think I might directly install my console to the monitor once I find a way to split the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom