*sigh* its a dell but it'l have to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_freak64

In Runtime
Hey guys i just recently got a 2001Dell demension 2400 desktop.Visit this link for full dell specs.... As you can see it only has 128Mb RAM*sigh* dell is alwayz tryin to cheat their consumers out ya know...anyways it has 3 PCI slots and NO AGP OR PCI-E. Now the lack of PCI-E i understand but no f'n AGP!!..anyways i need help...how, in any way can i make this omputer a moderate gaming machine...now im not talkin about some colosal LAN rig...just a step above decent. There is a high price cap to none at all so get creative (also can you replace dell cases with custom cases i.e. a Thermaltake i was lookin at or the new Antec P180 prototype). Is there ANYTHING i can do to save this Dell from total crappyness and lag lag lag?? PLEASE HELP a poor cheap guy make do with what he's got, thanks and live long and prosper!

in honesty bud, what makes ya think you can buy such a turd pc and expect anything decent from it? Its not just a few shortcomings it has, its all just very low spec. Good luck!

with a agp or pci-e port the only way you can upgrade the graphics card is to use a standard pci card, and i havent seen a better one than the nvidia fx5500. There is very little you can do with that machine unfortunatly. Rather than trying to revive it save your money and build something new.

the only way you can upgrade the graphics card is to use a standard pci card, and i havent seen a better one than the nvidia fx5500.

Check my link above. It's a X1300 PCI card. While not exactly a X1950XTX, it is better than what's out there.

Well, Honestly... You can probably salvage the CPU. What is it a P4 2.8Ghz? Not too bad... Would give you something decent for gaming.
And you could use the HDD & any optical drives.

But, You'd need, "A new motherboard Socket 478 or 775", You'd need some ram... ideally 1GIG. Then You'd need a new case, because the new motherboard won't fit in the Dell case. And the dell motherboard won't fit in the new case either... Then you'd need a PSU, if the new case doesn't come with one. Oh and you'd have to pick up a OEM Copy of an operating system like XP home or Pro. Unless of course you were going with linux. You can't use the Dell OEM OS on another PC.

SO yeah, you're better off building a whole new PC.

nothing except save money

In all honesty your pc right now is non-upgradable
You need to salvage what you have and start over
(keep the cpu + screen)
and do what havoc said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom